Scrolling with trackball wheel does not work on a single tab of a workbook

Occasional Contributor

I have been using the same Microsoft Excel workbook for several years. For data access and entry, I use my Logitech MX Ergo Multi-Device Trackball continuously for speed and efficiency on Microsoft 365.

After all of this time, I suddenly noticed that my scroll wheel does not work on the first tab of my workbook only. It functions well on the other tabs. I have tried everything I know to no avail.

Any advice?

HDLocke

8 Replies

@HDLocke 

Press Alt+F11 to activate the Visual Basic Editor.

Select the worksheet in the project explorer pane on the left hand side.

Look at the Properties pane below that.

Has the ScrollArea property been filled in? If so, clear this property.

Switch back to Excel.

S1641.png

@HDLocke 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I can do that if I can figure out how. Can I simply attach the file to my reply?

@HDLocke 

Thank you. I can scroll all of the sheets in your workbook without problem.

Does the problem persist if you quit Excel and reopen the workbook?

If you restart your computer?

I have tried all of those things several times to no avail. I have tried everything I know. Not sure this is worth wasting any more of your time. Since you can do it, I shall transfer the original to Dropbox and then retrieve it to see if that makes a difference on my end.
I transferred my original file to Dropbox & retrieved it to see if I was as successful as you. I was not. I am convinced I have accidentally activated something in Excel that prevents me from scrolling on that particular tab. Not sure.

In any case, thanks so much for looking into this for me. I truly appreciate your expertise.