SOLVED

Screen not scrolling down

Copper Contributor

Hi Wonderful People!

I have 3 sheets with the same code attached to them. One is normal. The other two have a scrolling problem. If I select a cell and press "down" the highlight moves down one, as expected. When it reaches the end of the screen the name box continues going down one ie a1, a2, a3 . . . . a50, a51 but the screen does not move down to display a37, a38 etc. If I scroll with the scroll bar the scroll button may say eg Row: 405 but the screen still shows a1 - a36. In the code for "Page Down" button I have "ActiveWindow.LargeScroll Down:=1" which is NOT altering what is visible on the screen as the manual checks described above don't.

This scrolling issue occurs in 2 of the sheets but not the first. The sheets are identical in design and use the same form program which in all other respects works perfectly. What is causing this issue in these 2 sheets and what do I need to do to stop it?

The scroll lock is NOT on in any of the sheets and the display of scroll lock is on for the task bar.

With thanks, Sue

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Sue (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sue Perhaps "Freeze Panes" has been set outside the view of your window. Try unfreezing panes.

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 08.47.31.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you Riny. I "unfroze all" in sheets 2 and 3, then froze the first row, (which is the heading), manually. The sheets then worked normally as sheet 1. I have no idea how, or when, sheets 2 and 3 got frozen - particularly out of sight of screen view (I don't even know how to do that) particularly as the sheets are only used with the form! The program used on the sheets worked normally on all of them with the exception of the PageUp, PageDown on sheets 2 and 3 - the code must over-ride the display except for those particular commands. I realized however that scrolling really needs to be YearUp and YearDown as the amount of data in a Year is less rows than a full screen. I have put that on the to-do list!

I am not sure how this messaging works. I sent a reply to you much as I have just typed above but the record on my screen appeared that I sent you a blank message! If so I apologize or alternatively apologize for sending a repeat! Sue

@Sue Glad it works now!

WOW!!!  That solved my problem too!!!

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sue (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sue Perhaps "Freeze Panes" has been set outside the view of your window. Try unfreezing panes.

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 08.47.31.png

View solution in original post