Scaling a sheet for printing

Copper Contributor

I was given a spreadsheet to print that is 225 columns wide x 7 rows. I was able to scale the sheet down to 15 pages, but I am hoping to find a way to print multiple sections on one page without downloading a 3rd party software (I would need administrator permissions to download on my work PC). Does anyone know of a way to do this? 

1 Reply

@NMack41 

As far as I know, Excel does not have a print option that allows you to print several small tables on one sheet of paper.

If you want to print several pages on one sheet, this is not so easy with Excel. If you don't have a printer with which you can make the appropriate settings directly, you will either have to cut corners or work with workarounds to achieve the desired effect. We'll show you a few ways to at least reduce the size of the display of text and tables on paper.

First Option:

This proposal based on the PDF format.

Convert Excel file to PDF beforehand.

Steps: Click on File.

Export Create PDF / XPSdocument.

Save document as PDF.

Steps with Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) Another popular program for text display and processing is Acrobat Reader from Adobe. Individual pages of the Portable Document Format (PDF) can also be printed on a single sheet of paper. T

o do this, do the following:

Open the PDF document.

Go to "File" and select "Print". In the pop-up menu that now appears,

click on the item “Multiple pages per sheet”.

In the menu that pops up again, select a value for "Pages per sheet".

Finally, you can decide how the pages should be arranged on the paper (horizontally,

horizontally flipped, vertically or vertically flipped).

The PDF file format is generally very popular because of its compatibility with computers

that do not run the Windows operating system.

In addition, the numerous individual setting options are a definite plus point.

Second option:

Print several sheets of tables on one page with FinePrint Download and install FinePrint.

Now go back to Excel and open the workbook you want to print.

In Excel, click on the Office icon in the top left and select "Print".

In the "Printer" section next to "Name" select "FinePrint".

Also select the "Entire workbook" option under "Print".

Then click on the "Properties".

Under "Basic data" select "Emulate specific printer" and select your printer from the drop-down menu. Then click on "Preview" and select e.g. 4 pages. Confirm twice with "OK".

The created document will now be displayed.

You can now click on the print symbol at the top left and you will receive several sheets of tables printed on one page as shown.

Hope I could help you at least a little.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

I wish you continued success with Excel

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates