Resizing a table in Excel without losing format

Copper Contributor

I have a table in an Excel worksheet with data which is 776 rows long. From row 777 and on I continued writing data but it is not included in the table. Now when I want to filter the data it only filters through the information included within those 776 rows and not the rest. The problem is when I try to resize the table and include all the rows that are not in the table, the cells lose format (color, etc. ). Is there a way to include the information in the table so I can use the filter tool without losing format?

Any help or advice is appreciated. :) 

1 Reply

@mariatorrents 

You want resizing a table in Excel without losing format.

The table size is not restricted to 776 rows it can be further increased upto last row i.e. 1048576 of excel sheet.

Now you can choose either of the option to increase the size of your table.

Option A

1. Go to last column & last row of your table – you will reach to the last cell
  2. Press TAB key, it will come the first cell of next row & your table will automatically increase by one row.
  3. If you want to increase more, then press TAB key till you reach last cell and press TAB key again your table will automatically increase by one row.
  4. Repeat step 4 for further increasing the size of table

Option B

1. Go to last column & last row of table – this will be the last cell
  2. In the bottom right of last cell you will see a blue colour corner like thing (shape) - image attached.
  3. Put mouse on it & drag down to increase the table size upto row number you want.