Remove Duplicate values but only from one set of data

Copper Contributor

Hi 

I am trying to compare one set of data with a second which may contain new entries. I am looking to remove the duplicates (I know there will be some but the data is about 8,000 rows) but only from data set 2 so my original list will remain with new entries added in. If possible data set one would have multiple columns and data set 2 only 1 column. but happy to just extract the matching column of data from the first set of data. Any help much appreciated

1 Reply

@Gemma Telfer Not sure if I understand exactly what you want, but the picture below demonstrates the VLOOKUP function. You can use it to determine if an entry in one list occurs in another. The lists do not have to sorted.

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 09.25.58.png

In this simplified example, I want to find the entries in Data 2 that do not occur in Data 1, being the ones with #N/A. From here you can decide what to do with these. You can sort column D and delete the entries that are not #N/A (thus keeping new entries) or you can filter the #N/A's and copy/paste them to a new list with the new entries. But that's where I'm not sure what you want/need.