Remove autofill formulas

Copper Contributor

I have tried to remove / disable autofill formulas in excel 365. Following instructions in Options / Proofing and Advanced, but still not removing every time I enter a formula it fill it in rows or columns.... So frustrating

5 Replies

@SivFOR I'm using Excel 365 but don't have "Options / Proofing and Advanced".

To disable the creation of so-called calculated columns in structured tables, you need to uncheck the box "Fill formulas....." on the "Autoformat As You type" tab, shown in the screen-shot below.

Riny_van_Eekelen_0-1660978483907.png

If this is not what you are trying to achieve, please include a screen-shot of the window with the setting you refer to.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Hi - I have done this but excel keep on autofilling new formulas I enter in excel..... 

@SivFOR That's odd. It works for me all the time. With the box checked AutoFill works as intended. Uncheck the box and Autofill will not occur.

Yes, very odd - it started a day ago.... Never had the autofill activated before....
Never had it activated either, and just spent 2 hours with Microsoft support. They re-installed office twice and still can't fix it - so have an appointment with level 2 engineer Monday morning.... Anyway, thanks for replying to me :)