Refresh Analyzed Data when data changes

Microsoft

Does excel currently support the functionality of refreshing the analyzed data automatically when the data corresponding to it changes? If so, how can I do that?

1 Reply

@Sargam_Monga 

So far I know and searched the internet :), you can use Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analysis tools in Excel to automatically refresh data.

For example, you can use Power Pivot to create a data model that automatically refreshes its data when the workbook is opened or at a specified time interval.

To do this, go to the Power Pivot tab in Excel and click on Manage. In the Power Pivot window, go to the Home tab and click on Refresh All. Then click on Connection Properties and go to the Usage tab. Check the “Refresh data when opening the file” option or the “Refresh every” option and enter the number of minutes you want the data to refresh.

You can also use Power Query to automatically refresh data in a similar way. Power Query is a powerful data transformation and analysis tool that allows you to import, clean, transform, and analyze data from various sources. You can set up a query to automatically refresh its data when the workbook is opened or at a specified time interval.

An additional option would be to do it with VBA.

I hope this helps!