Quickly Accessing File Folders in Excel

Copper Contributor

With Excel 2010, I had a 3rd party app that allowed me to quickly access a file folder.  Some of my folders require 5 clicks to arrive at.  This app allowed me to quickly access my frequently used file folders.  Such that, when I wanted to save a file to one of these obscure folders, I would right click my mouse, and all of my preferred folders would come up.  I click on the one I'm looking for, and I'm immediately there.

I've been upgraded to Excel 365 and this app is no longer compatible.  

Does Excel 365 have its own internal ability to help me with this need for efficiency?  Or this there another 3rd party app that I could investigate.  Thank you for your help!!

7 Replies

@Brink50 

There are different providers for it, also for Office 365. Here is just a small example from my 2 minute internet research.

https://www.add-in-world.com/katalog/xl-dateilister/

*The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of me. I makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

This was all in German, but thank you for trying to help.  @NikolinoDE 

@Brink50 

In Excel 365 you may pin both folders and files, they will be always on the top.

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Yes, thank you.  This certainly works when I want to quickly find a folder, in order to open a file.  However, how can I quickly access a folder when I want to save an excel file?

@Brink50 

They are as well on the top when you save file

image.png

So grateful for your help ! @Sergei Baklan 

@Brink50 , you are welcome