Print titles

Copper Contributor

Print titles is suddenly not working in any of my spreadsheets

1 Reply

@KatieQuarry 

If the "Print Titles" feature is not working in any of your Excel spreadsheets, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

1. Incorrect Print Titles setup:
    • Double-check the settings for Print Titles to ensure they are correctly configured.
    • Go to the "Page Layout" tab in Excel.
    • Click on the "Print Titles" button in the Page Setup group.
    • Verify that the correct rows or columns are selected for "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left".
  2. Print Area defined:
    • If a specific print area is defined, it can override the Print Titles settings.
    • Check if a print area has been set by going to the "Page Layout" tab and clicking on the "Print Area" button in the Page Setup group.
    • If a print area is set, clear it by selecting "Clear Print Area".
  3. Scaling settings:
    • Incorrect scaling settings, such as "Fit to," can interfere with the Print Titles feature.
    • Check the scaling settings by going to the "Page Layout" tab and clicking on the "Scale to Fit" button in the Page Setup group.
    • Ensure that the scaling options are set appropriately for your printing needs.
  4. Worksheet structure:
    • Certain worksheet structures, such as merged cells or grouped rows/columns, can affect the Print Titles functionality.
    • Check if there are any merged cells or grouped rows/columns on your worksheet.
    • Unmerge any merged cells and ungroup any grouped rows/columns that may be interfering with the Print Titles feature.
  5. Compatibility mode:
    • If you are working with an older Excel file format (e.g., .xls), try saving the file in the newer format (e.g., .xlsx) to ensure full compatibility with the current version of Excel.
  6. Excel application or printer driver issues:
    • Try restarting Excel or your computer to refresh the application.
    • Ensure that your printer driver is up to date.
    • Test printing with other applications to determine if the issue is specific to Excel.

Since no one has answered it for at least one day or more, I entered your question in various AI. The text and the steps are the result of various AI's put together.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.