print issue on a specific computer

Copper Contributor

We have an excel document that prints correctly for multiple users on multiple computers to the same network printer. But the one user that manages this excel document has an issue. The print preview is good for her but when she prints the spreadsheet out it shifts everything 1/2" to the right. This cuts off the document and the footer. 

I went ahead and deleted her Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel folder so it could regenerate but again this document will not print for this one particular user. I have tried 4 other users (all 5 of us are using the same network printer) and each prints the document out perfectly. I even removed this network printer from the problem user, re-added the printer and it still prints incorrectly. I am not sure what to try next?

1 Reply

@Toddod 

Another thing you could try is to log in with a different user profile on the same computer and see if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved with a different user profile, then it could indicate that there is an issue with the original user's profile. In this case, you could try creating a new user profile for that user.

If the issue persists even with a different user profile on the same computer, then it could indicate that there is an issue with the computer itself. In this case, you could try updating or reinstalling the printer driver or performing a repair installation of Microsoft Office.

Hope it helps!