Power query - Use a column as url for API call

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

First of all, thank you for your time in helping people like me who need help.

I have been banging my head on my desk since monday on this issue. I am an author on a website that write novels and I built a dashboard with the Excel Power Query tool.

There is still one thing I can't do though, I am trying to use a text string contained in a column as argument to make an API call.

The function is the following :

Silviooooooo_0-1619078862866.png

When I use it with a direct text string, it works like a charm as you can see in the "Personnalisé" column below:

Silviooooooo_1-1619078880459.png
Silviooooooo_2-1619078887905.png

The only issue is that in each line of my table, i want to use a different argument (= use a different url for my API request).

I tried to use a column as argument, but after several days of hardship, i come here to ask your help. Here is what I get so far…

Silviooooooo_3-1619078911292.png
Silviooooooo_4-1619078915444.png

Thank you all very much for your help.
Have a great day !
Silvio

2 Replies

@Silviooooooo 

You can't combine dynamic parameter directly with URL string. Use RelativePart parameter instead, it's explained for example here https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/16/using-the-relativepath-and-query-options-with-web-contents-i...

Thank you for your suggestion @Sergei Baklan,
I tried to use the RelativePath parameter in my query, as shown in the blog you provided but I had no luck. The function i used was the below:

Silviooooooo_0-1619084600956.png

However this still returns this error message when i try to give the Column as argument in the RelativePath option :

Silviooooooo_1-1619084629940.png

Could it be related to the fact that the error message indicates that the " character are replaced by %22 in the url ?