power query mac office

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I was under the impression that Power Query would be available for insider fast users of Excel...but...is it case ? I cannot import any xlsx data in my excel 16.37..

Can you help ?

Marie

10 Replies

@marie365 Power Query is NOT available on Excel for Mac, unfortunately. You can only refresh queries made on Excel for Windows.

On a Mac myself, running Excel for Windows virtually, using Parallels.

@Riny_van_Eekelenthanks for your confirmation.....hope they plan to upgrade soon !

Any idea how to combine files (xlsx fils) if I don't want to run Excel for Windows virtually ?

@marie365 Define "combine files". It can be anything from copying content of one and stick it to the bottom of another to more complex lookups (X,V, Index, Match). You name it. what kind of "combining" do you need?

@Riny_van_EekelenI just need to copy content of one file and stick it to the bottom of another.

@marie365 Then you don't need PQ. Anything I can help with?

@Riny_van_Eekelen, how can I do ?

(I don't want to copy and paste..)

@marie365 So, is this some recurring task? Big tables? Don't really know how you can get it done, unless you are willing to use VBA. Then you create a small macro that does the copy/paste for you with the click of a button.

@Riny_van_Eekelenit is big tables, I wish I could avoid any macro / VBA...Thanks for your replies !!

Power Query is available on Office 365 (Excel) for Mac.

I use it all the time

@Tiboli I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. Unless I have missed a major recent update, "Get & Transform Data" (a.k.a. Power Query) is NOT available in Excel for the Mac to the same extent as it is on the PC versions. Not too long ago, MS introduced the possibility to refresh certain queries on a Mac, but the queries themselves can be created in Windows versions only.

If I'm mistaken, I would love to see some proof of your full use of PQ in Excel for the Mac. Having said that, it is of course possible to run the Windows version of Excel, virtually on a Mac. That's what I'm doing myself.