Paste All key is not working every time

Copper Contributor

There are 6 individual data in Excel Clipboard and when I hit"paste all", the result is unpredictable,  sometimes all good, sometimes missing one or some of the data. the data is a small string of 20 letters or dates

The paste all key is on clipboard panel on the left hand side of the PC screen

3 Replies
Maybe this info will help you ... if not please ignore it.

Tip: If you have copied a 25th element, the first element will be removed from the clipboard.
Excel and the other Office programs have their own clipboard that can save up to 24 copies.

Delete clipboard by command
Press the key combination [Windows] + [R].
A small window now opens. Enter the following command there: (cmd / c "echo off | clip"), copy content of (). Click "OK" to confirm. The clipboard is then automatically emptied.

At the end of your action, you can also delete the data in your Excel clipboard either individually or together. To do this, either move the mouse pointer over the element to be deleted in the clipboard, click on the arrow and then on "Delete" or use the "Delete all" button.

I would be happy to find out if I could help.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks

However, the problem is not cleaning up the clipboard in Excel. My problem is when I click "Paste All" key on the Clipboard Pane, Excel behaves erratically that some time it works great to paste all data to a range, say B10: B15. The other instance some data are missing. "Paste All" key is not reliable. I am looking for any suggestion to improve the reliability of the key.

Maybe you can find some quick info here...otherwise i don't have a clou why excel clipboard behavior wrong. My small knowing is not enough to can help more.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/troubleshoot/excel/insert-options-button

Wish you a good day

Nikolino