OLE Error

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

OLE error keeps popping up and I end up restarting the system, which is taking away a considerable amount of my productivity.

So this happens when I copy something from Excel and try to paste it in PowerPoint, this is very consistent behaviour.

Can you please provide me with a solution? I have tried uninstalling office 365 and disabling the add-ins, nothing worked though.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagesh 

5 Replies

@Nagesh1978 

Repair an Office application

If an Office application such as Word or Excel isn’t working correctly, sometimes restarting it will fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, you can try repairing it. When you’re done, you might need to restart your computer.

...Click on the heading for more information.

I would be happy to know if I could help with this information.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks for the response, however, I did try even that too, but It's the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagesh

@Nagesh1978 

Please check again whether all add-ins are deactivated.

Maybe some add-in is still causing problems.

View, manage, and install add-ins in Office programs

If deactivating is not sufficient. Please open PowerPoint in Safe Mode, enter PowerPoint in the text input area and hold down CTRL. I don't know if that actually helps, I read it somewhere a long time ago.
If it does not work...
you would have to know whether Windows and Office are up to date, which versions are exactly and which protection program is used.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi Nikolino,
Have removed the old add-ins, will update if the issue persists.
Thanks,
Nagesh

@Nagesh1978 Hi, ive been following you on your troubleshooting progress. I too have been suffering from the same issue.

I can see that my Add-ins are empty. Wondering if yours worked after you deactivated yours.

Thank you.