Copilot for Microsoft 365 Tech Accelerator
Feb 28 2024 07:00 AM - Feb 29 2024 10:30 AM (PST)
Microsoft Tech Community

Number of active client cases.

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I am making an excel-sheet for a welfare service. I register the date we received the referral in column A and the date for closing the client case in column C. 

I want to know how many active cases we have. To do this I would need to count how many cells in column A that have a date, and how many cells in column C have a date. How can I do this? :) 

9 Replies

Hi @jorgen1990 

I want to know how many active cases we have. To do this I would need to count how many cells in column A that have a date, and how many cells in column C have a date

This isn't really clear, to me at least. By 'active cases' do you mean those that have an Open Date (column A) and no Close Date (column C)?

@L z. That is correct! I solved that problem. But now I would like to know how I can count cells with a january date in column A that are on the same row as an spesific age category 16-18 in column E. Could you help me with that?

Could you post a picture showing your columns A through E please?

@L z. 

Thank you for your response! This is my sheet. I would like to know the number of cells with a january date in column A that are on the same row as a spesific age category in column F (ex. 18-20).

Columns.png

@jorgen1990 

Sample.png

in H2:

=COUNTIFS(
  A2:A101,">=" & DATE(2023,1,1),
  A2:A101,"<=" & DATE(2023,1,31),
  F2:F101, "18-20"
)
Thanks again! I am having trouble putting this into my sheet and my company policy wont allow me to download your file. Could you show me how it looks in the insert function menu?
Just do a copy/paste - in the formula bar - of the formula I posted earlier
Hi again! I tried, but it still does not work. Could you show me a print screen of your insert function menu? :)

@jorgen1990 

On my reply from ‎Dec 28 2023 03:00 PM you have a print screen that shows the formula

I don't understand why, if you copy the formula and paste it in the formula bar it wouldn't work...