My Employee Attendance Record Template Calendar doesn't show date

Copper Contributor

Dear all, 

I have issue, while tried to use Excel "Employee Attendance Record" Template, 

after creating, the calendar shown is empty, as follow, 

Udiek_Widhianto_D_0-1659420166839.png

highlighted cell C6, with formulas as follow:

Udiek_Widhianto_D_1-1659420223350.png

is there anything to edit here so I can use the template?

thanks in advance, 

Regards, 

6 Replies
What do you expect to show to C6 cell?

@Udiek_Widhianto_D In columns C through I, the IF(TEXT(...........) function used here checks if a date based on year, month number and day number 1, formatted to show the first three letters of the day name, matches the first three charters in the header row (only C5:I5 matter in this respect).

I don't know which local settings you use in your Excel set-up, but if "ddd" is not the correct custom format to turn, let's say August 2, 2022 into TUE, than replace "ddd" with whatever is valid in your set-up. 

If that doesn't solve it, your local set-up may use different three letter abbreviations for the days of the week. Guessing wildly that you may be in Indonesia where Sunday translates to Minggu (as per Google Translate). So, perhaps, you need to replace all references to SUN with MIN in row 5. Ands similar for all other days. Actually, it only matters for cells C5:I5 but it would look strange if you don't change them all. Use Find & Replace. DO NOT just copy the first five cells 5 times to the right. The headers may look the same, but they are not. C5 contains SUN, where J5 contains SUN with three trailing space. Q5 contains SUN plus 4 trailing space, and so on. And this is valid for all the headers.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Whoa, it works! at least most of them, 

I still have a problem, when I put 2021, August are empty

Udiek_Widhianto_D_0-1659429123632.png

When I  put 2022, May are empty, 

Udiek_Widhianto_D_1-1659429188184.png

depend, I think the formula is to retrieve automatic date based on year that we input.
and based on @Riny_van_Eekelen response, I solved almost all of the issue, but date in some random month still missing.
best response confirmed by Udiek_Widhianto_D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Udiek_Widhianto_D The relationship between these two months is that for both, the first days of the month are on a Sunday. It will produce a blank in C if there is no match and than all others on the same row will become blank.

Are you sure you entered MIN correct in C5? Is it the correct abbreviation? Silly to ask maybe. Just checking.

What do you get when you enter (anywhere):

=TEXT(DATE(2022,8,1),"ddd")

ah, you are truly my savior,
and yes, checked them turned out Sunday = Minggu with abbreviation of MGG instead of MIN, hahaha,
thank you,

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Udiek_Widhianto_D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Udiek_Widhianto_D The relationship between these two months is that for both, the first days of the month are on a Sunday. It will produce a blank in C if there is no match and than all others on the same row will become blank.

Are you sure you entered MIN correct in C5? Is it the correct abbreviation? Silly to ask maybe. Just checking.

What do you get when you enter (anywhere):

=TEXT(DATE(2022,8,1),"ddd")

View solution in original post