Lines upside-down

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, 

I am having trouble with my excel, sometimes when I open it, the numbers of the lines and the data are divided into sections of 16 and upside-down. Can somebody help me please?

7 Replies

@ewasara 

This is totally strange. Is the problem the same in all your Excel workbook?

@Abiola1  I know..... I am having it since about two weeks with all excel files and did couple of restarts. Sometimes the files are normal. Usually I have to close and reopen them and then they look normal again. :( 

@ewasara 

Hello, kindly located feedback from your Excel and send Frown to Excel. They will look at the problem

@ewasara 

I have been experiencing the same problem recently. Have you had any success in resolving it? Fortunately I have Apple's Numbers as a back-up but would prefer to use Excel because I'm more familiar with it. But this problem makes the software useless. I've spent hours trying to resolve it with out any success at all. If you do discover a resolution please let e know and I will do the same for you. I've attached a two files showing the problem. 

Cheers, David 

@Abiola1 

Yes, all my worksheets are the same. Even when I close and reopen them the problem persists. I've tried everything I can think of to correct the problem but no luck. I can't even figure out what happened to make my worksheets be reversed. Hopefully someone else has had the same problem and found a way to correct it. Let's keep in touch and if either of us finds a solution we can fix each others worksheets.

David

@ewasara 

I found a solution and tired it out this afternoon and my Excel spreadsheets are back to normal. I guess when I updated my iMac to Catalina is changed the settings. Once I did the update everything returned to normal. 

Here is the solution provided by Jim Gordon

Cheers, David Gerrior

Jim Gordon MVP

Replied on February 15, 2020

This is a well known issue. You upgraded Mac OS but didn't install Office updates.

Download a copy of the current version of AutoUpdate from this link, install and then run AutoUpdate to bring your installation to current update level, then restart your Mac. If the updater does not open automatically after download, double-click the downloaded .pkg file. Click this link to download the updater. The update is free.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=830196

@David_Gerrior 

Have a solution to jumbled and reversed content. This worked well for me and hopefully will work for you as well. Cheers, David 

found a solution and tired it out this afternoon and my Excel spreadsheets are back to normal. I guess when I updated my iMac to Catalina is changed the settings. Once I did the update everything returned to normal. 

Here is the solution provided by Jim Gordon

Cheers, David Gerrior

Jim Gordon MVP

Replied on February 15, 2020

This is a well known issue. You upgraded Mac OS but didn't install Office updates.

Download a copy of the current version of AutoUpdate from this link, install and then run AutoUpdate to bring your installation to current update level, then restart your Mac. If the updater does not open automatically after download, double-click the downloaded .pkg file. Click this link to download the updater. The update is free.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=830196