LARGE green triangle

Copper Contributor

Suddenly today when I try to copy a spreadsheet into microsoft word as a picture a large green triangle arrow shows up in the word document on the top left hand corner covering about 10 lines. I have been using this same method for 10 years and this has not happened. it is happening on two computers. As far as I know, no updates happened overnight or today. I am using Office Professional 2016 on Windows 10.

3 Replies

@Summit83 

Would be nice to upload a screenshot for better understanding. 

I'm having same problem.  LARGE green triangle when try to copy/paste from excel to word doc.   

Screenshot (537).pngScreenshot (726).png

@Salvador72 My triangle shows  up as black. :face_with_rolling_eyes: The spreadsheet has at least one embedded object. In the case of the HUD RCS form, it's those arrows.

MichelG1861_0-1690324416522.png

In the ribbon, choose "Find and select" then "Select Object" and then select the top part of the worksheet, choosing an area big enough that you will cover the area where the triangle will appear. The offending objects will be selected (the arrows will have circles at the ends).

MichelG1861_1-1690324499859.png

Once selected, hit delete and get rid of them. Your sheet will copy and paste just fine now.