Issue with Excel graph shrinking when printing

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone,

I have a scorecard that I publish. Each page has four graphs. Every graph is exactly the same size. I've recently added eight graphs to the end by copying eight of the existing and then pointing to different data sources. Here's the issue: the new graphs, when printing or in print preview, shrink such that a text box I have on each one is now off the chart. It's so hard to describe, I will post screen captures. FYI: I had this problem initially too (last year) but now I don't remember how I got rid of it!

Here is what it looks like in the spreadsheet (you'll see I put some lines along the edges of the graphs for reference in print preview:

KimberB_2-1664306928325.png

Here's the same thing in print preview (and it looks this way when printed too):

KimberB_3-1664306953500.png

I have already checked the usual things like Format Chart Area - it matches the other graphs that print fine.

KimberB_4-1664307000897.png

Thanks,

Kimber

2 Replies

@KimberB 

Hi Kimber,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was googling this issue and found your message. There isn't much out here speaking to this.

I have charts on separate worksheets and it is random when they will shrink to fit on a 8.5 x 11 paper when printing. You cannot change the chart size when it is on its own worksheet. But I do want it to fit on 8.5 x 11 paper when printing.

Did you have any luck on fixing the issue. I noticed nobody responded to your post.

Thanks!

@Dale_Lei325 

No, I never found anyone else that has the issue nor did I find a fix other than deleting the messed up ones and copying new ones to the same position - which is how they got there in the first place! I also have never figured out a pattern for the issue.

Note that I do not have 'fit to page' selected for scaling. Instead I formatted everything to fit perfectly on an 8.5 x 11 page. You should be able to change the chart size if it is on its own worksheet though. When you go to print, do not have the chart selected. I notice if you have a chart selected (even on my sheet with multiple charts), only that one will show up in the print preview AND the page is not formatted correctly. For example, I have my sheets set up as landscape. If I select one chart and then look at print preview, it shows just the one chart and the page is portrait. See my attached screen capture.