I need help with vba code for file called 2020 NFL Playoffs Brackets

Iron Contributor

Take look at The file called 2019 NFL Playoffs brackets has vba code fist. The code on that put on file called 2020 NFL Playoffs Brackets has no vba code with new codes. 

2020 NFL Playoffs Brackets have 3 worksheets.

1. Picture Of Brackets By Rounds show what should happen
  2. NFL Playoffs Result Brackets show you what did happen last year playoffs. I put all data manually.
  3. NFL Playoffs Brackets No Vba   I need help adding vba code on this worksheet. I also want upate  automatically when I  put score in.

Thanks you

3 Replies

@sf49ers19238597 

I'm  always tempted to see if formulas alone can resolve situations where people think that VBA is needed. Check out the VBA-free solution I created in your sheet "NFL Playoffs Brackets" for 2020.

Formulas alone in the various fields. When you enter the scores for the ones that are currently blank, the names of the winning teams will appear; until then, they'll remain blank. Formulas alone.

The formulas are consistent, but because the formatting has the relative positions of the teams in prior brackets in different positions vis-a-vis the result line, I was not always able to simply copy from one winner's line to another......

The formulas is not correct.. you can look at the worksheet called NFL Playoffs Result Brackets. That worksheet you put formulas should look like on worksheet NFL Playoffs Result Brackets

I also want with the seeds number 

I want vba code instead of formulas

Thanks You

Formulas could do it, I will still contend. I'm not a football fan so made some assumptions that were clearly wrong. I assumed, for example, based on tennis brackets--HOW, I thought, brackets work--that the winner of here Colts/Bills match would go into the slot against the Chiefs. What was the heuristic that brought the Browns up there in your "right answer"--whatever it is isn't apparent, but could be incorporated into a formula.

In fact, in order to write VBA code, somebody is going to have to know what that heuristic is as well. You may think it's obvious, and maybe it is to football fans, but just showing it as "the correct answer" doesn't explain WHY it's the correct answer.

Anyway, I wish you well.