I can't see colors in excel cells, when I choose colors.

Copper Contributor

I choose the color ( no matter which, i tried all of them) and the excel cell/ font is not colored.!!!! 

I think it happend after renewal of microsoft 365.

Please your advice

2 Replies

@tovi1 

If you are experiencing issues with Excel not displaying cell colors or font colors after a Microsoft 365 renewal, there are several potential solutions you can try.

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Update Excel: Ensure that your Microsoft 365 subscription is up to date, and your Excel application is running the latest version. Microsoft periodically releases updates with bug fixes and improvements. After update please restart your computer even if it is not required.

2. Repair Office Installation: You can try repairing your Office installation to fix any potential issues. Here's how you can do it:

Open the "Control Panel" on your computer.

Go to "Programs" > "Programs and Features."

Find "Microsoft 365" or "Microsoft Office" in the list, right-click on it, and choose "Change."

Select "Quick Repair" or "Online Repair" and follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Check Worksheet Settings:

Ensure that the cell color isn't set to "No fill" or the font color to white, which can make it seem like there's no color. Select a cell, right-click, and choose "Format Cells." Check the "Fill" tab for cell color and the "Font" tab for font color.

4. Try a Different Theme:

Changing the Excel theme might help. Go to the "Page Layout" tab, click on "Themes," and select a different theme. Sometimes, color display issues can be related to the theme.

5. Reset Excel Options:

Go to "File" > "Options" > "Advanced."

Scroll down to the "Display options for this workbook" section.

Make sure that the "Show sheet tabs" and "Show horizontal scroll bar" options are checked.

6. Check Windows Theme:

Your Windows theme can also affect the display of colors in Excel. Make sure your Windows theme is set to a standard theme.

7. Graphics Driver Update:

Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can sometimes cause display issues.

8. Excel Safe Mode:

Try opening Excel in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the "Ctrl" key while opening Excel. If the issue is not present in Safe Mode, it could indicate a problem with add-ins or customizations.

The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.

@NikolinoDE It is helpful to me solve issues.