How to protect graphs/charts in Excel online

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have created a pivot table chart with slicers in Excel desktop, and I’ve protected them both so users can only interact with the slicers. In the desktop version, after I protect the sheet then the workbook, I can use the slicers and everything else is locked and stays in place as it should—pull handles can’t be seen nor does slicers or chart/graph move when clicked on, and my pivot chart updates perfectly as intended….the slicers work perfectly and the chart/graph responds appropriately. Also, I am the owner and only person with editing capabilities. BUT, when I save it to our sharedrive and save it with others. They open it (web/online Excel version) and the tab shows a lock on it, but they can move around slices & my chart.  It is so very, very, very frustrating, because I open it back up in Excel desktop to see what went wrong, and the sheet & workbook is showing protected, yet my slivers and graph are moving around as though it’s not. And when I protect everything again & test it in the desktop mode, it works perfectly.  What do I need to do to stop this from happening? 

2 Replies
As far as I know in Excel Online, you may not have direct options to protect slicers and charts as you do in the desktop version.
Try placing your charts and slicers in a separate sheet and protect that sheet. Users can interact with slicers and view charts, but they can't move them.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and like it!
This will help all forum participants.

@NikolinoDE  

I haven't had time to try it yet, but when I do, I'll reply.  I just want to thank you for replying!