How to make a cell blank if another cell is changed?

Copper Contributor

i want to update the date of the latest CANS NY and the cell "✔" sould erase itself or change to "x"

6 Replies

@mryneuman 

If date then hack, otherwise X.

Example in the inserted file.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

@NikolinoDE I want when I change the date to a "new date" it should lose the check, 

The change in cell C2 should be the trigger to change or erase cell C3,

or maybe if cell c2 is NOT same as the C2 of previous versions it should change to X
Unfortunately, I can not follow the meaning of the matter.
Please add a worksheet (without sensitive data) and describe your project exactly on the basis of this file.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@mryneuman 

The attached contains a code on Sheet1 Module for Sheet_Change and Sheet_SelectionChange Event.

Does this work for you?

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneerthank you all for trying to help me, I am going to explain my self again, I am sorry I guess I was unclear,

the CANS NY assessment is due every 6 month, then I have to upload the CANS NY assessment form to a site, 

every time I make a new CANS NY assessment I change the date, but the check that i uploaded the last one is still there, and I can forget to upload the CANS NY assessment form.

So this is what i want:

when i change the date for the last CANS NY assessment I want the check on the uploaded row to become a X and i will change it manually to a ✔ when I will upload the CANS NY assessment form