How to Link Excel Data across Multiple Sheets

Copper Contributor

In an Excel file, I'm writing my emails and passwords.

In the first sheet, there are all the emails that I have with their passwords respectively on each row. Each row of them has an ID.

In the second sheet, there are all the websites that I have registered an account with. Also, each website has an ID.

In the third sheet, I put the ID of the email from the first sheet, its corresponding website ID, and some info in an additional column.

All of these are added manually. Nothing is automated.

When I register a new email, I will surely add it to the end of the first sheet. Then I have to sort the emails column from A to Z. This action disorders the IDs of the rows. That's why I have to re-order the numbers from the smallest to the largest. But by doing this, the IDs of the emails in the third sheet are changed and not correct. These IDs I've added them by pasting the address of the cell that contains the ID in the original sheet.

Note: I'm using Excel 2006

2 Replies

@jaypee1650 Most likely, VLOOKUP is the function you need to look into. However, without seeing an example of how you have structured your data, it's difficult to explain how exactly it can be used.

@Riny_van_Eekelen I have added a sample Excel file that looks similar to my original file.