How to delete unwanted rows in Excel 365

Copper Contributor

How do get back to row 1 in my spreadsheet and then delete rows 60 to the max rows available in a spreadsheet.  Please help.

1 Reply

@debelljr 

What exactly (which lines) you want to delete (whether table or simply empty, etc.) I cannot see from the translation and your text.

Therefore w
ith your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data).

Describe exactly what the problem is. Your description should be able to answer the following questions: Where did the problem occur (operating system, Office application)?
Which version is your application (office version e.g. 2016 or 2019 or 365 web or 365 pro, etc) and your operating system (e.g. Win10 (2004), Win 10 (1903), Mac, etc.)?
When is or does the problem always arise?
Does it only happen in this application (e.g. Excel) or only in this workbook, worksheet?

This means that an outsider can better understand your problem and offer you a better solution.

-----------------------------------

Here are some possible solutions, as far as I could see from your description.

Options to delete the lines:

Excel: Delete all empty lines and unnecessary lines from a list 1. Manually:
mark the lines on the left in the numbering and then press Remove (deletes the text) or with the right mouse button-> remove lines
this works very quickly with a small, limited number

2) Mark and filter columns
You can mark the columns and then click on the filter and then remove.
Unfortunately, only the cell contents, i.e. the text, are then removed, but not the lines themselves.

3) Filter table and transfer area
convert to table -> remove filters-> transfer

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)