How do I make a dialog box appear with options to select when a workbook is opened?

Copper Contributor

I've created a special calculator for my group in a work book with three different tabs. The calculator in each tab appears exactly the same, but has a different formula, specific to each tab. Just to make sure the members of the group are using the correct calculator without having to select the proper tab when they open the workbook, I would like to make a dialog box appear with a tab option to select when the workbook is opened, then open the tab they select from the dialog box.

1 Reply

As long as you're doing a selection from a drop-down dialog box, you could have it always go to the same calculator and have the formula(s) change depending on what option was selected.

Is it just a calculator? Or do the results of the different calculations on the different sheets get stored some place?

An image doesn't usually go far enough for anybody to give substantive suggestions, but as you can tell from my opening thought, I'm not convinced you need separate sheets for what appear to be identical layouts. You can change the behind the scenes calculations on a single sheet....