histogram for a frequency

Copper Contributor

Good Morning, in my worksheet I have a series of numbers of which I have successively calculated their frequency in a series of intervals, but then I wanted to create the graph, in which in the ordinates I would have put the numbers from 1 to 10, while in the abscissas I would have put the numbers that I had previously found, only that when I select the data I can't understand how to go on, below I leave the photo of my worksheet, thanks for the answers

pier

(p.s. sorry for my English)

7 Replies

@Pier_The_Excelman Perhaps the attached workbook can point you in the right direction. It contains a histogram of a list of random numbers between 18.2 and 18.9, just like in your example, where each bin spans an interval of 0.1.

@Riny_van_Eekelen amazing, thank you very much!

Sorry to bother you, but do you know how to do more than three intervals? @Riny_van_Eekelen 

@Pier_The_Excelman No problem! I guess that the histogram defaults to three bins in your case. Right-click on the data series and select "Format Data Series...". Here you can specify the bin settings. Set "Bins" to Bin width (i.e. not Auto) and set "Bin width" to 0.1 to set your interval.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 12.36.42.png

iI don't know why it's different., I'm quite pretty sure it's the latest version@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Schermata 2020-06-07 alle 16.29.00.png

@Pier_The_Excelman You should right-click on any of the blue columns in the graph and select the bottom option "Format Data Series" (in English). Your picture indicates you clicked on "Select Date" in the   Chart Design ribbon.

Thank you! you really helped me a lot.@Riny_van_Eekelen