Highlighted parenthesis in Excel

Copper Contributor

Is there a way when you go to a parenthesis in the formula bar of Excel, to be more bolded than it is now? And also to keep the bold more time than now?
I have workbooks in my job with complex formulas of 5 or 10 lines in the formula bar with a lot of open and close parentheses.
In order to understand the complex formula, I copy-paste it to Notepad ++, where if you click near a parenthesis (left or right) it makes the parenthesis pair red and also keeps it.

Can we have something similar to Excel? I'm using Excel 2016.

Thank you

Nick

5 Replies

@Nick Panagiotopoulos

Nick, it's worth publish this idea on excel.uservoice.com, that's what Microsoft monitors. Perhaps similar are already exist, I didn't check. 

@Sergei Baklan 

OK, thank you

As far my experience,,, no you can't apply color to formula even not on the parenthesis, may be you have never noticed that as soon you select the cell has formula and press F2,,, excel deactivates the FONT section under HOME TAB,,,, !!

@Rajesh_Sinha 

Applying another color, even if possible, practically won't help. However, highlighting as in Notepad++ or other editors will be useful. Such functionality together with formula formatter, if introduced one day, will be quite useful.

Yeah you are write,,, I think since Excel does have Formula auditing facility, helps to check entire formula in parts is also quite useful.

@nick PanagiotopoulosNEW