Help with Sheet View and Allow Edit Ranges

Copper Contributor

Please include the following info to help others answer your question:

• Device and OS platform, PC/Windows 10
  • Excel product name and version number Excel 2018 365 -Apps for business

Hello all, I have an Excel workbook w/multiple sheets.  On one sheet I have hundreds of rows/columns of data and I have Sheet View filters set up for people who need to look at the data differently.

The workbook is shared but we've been running into data conflicts when multiple people are in it (sometimes is asks if they want to filter for themselves and other times it doesn't, I have experienced this myself).

I've been fiddling with "Review", "Protect Sheet", "Protect Workbook" and am finding that while I've been able to create "Allow Edit Ranges" for two groups who can edit certain data (Column C for one group & Columns C:G for another), once I've applied the "Protect Sheet" to it, they can still edit every other cell at will.  

I've also run into where if I've done "Protect Sheet" or "Protect Workbook" their Sheet View doesn't work.

Ideally, I want to allow myself full unrestricted access (I'm responsible for the entire workbook).

I want to allow one group access to the one sheet and the one column.

I want to allow another group access to the same sheet and a range of columns.

Others I want to allow the ability to view, copy cells as needed (they paste those into email to update our clients of status on their individual line), perhaps even filter (sometimes the same client is on multiple lines so they need to use the Filter drop down tool at the top of the column to see just the one clients lines.

I've been digging into training videos, web blogs, and here with no success.

Thank you,

Charlotte

0 Replies