SOLVED

Help on Error Message "Excel ranout of resources while attempting to calculate one or formulas..."

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am at a lose here as I have tried everything that I could research on line. I have a file that just suddenly starting giving the "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or formulas. As a result, these formulas cannot be evaluated". I did not created the worksheet but it does not look overly complicated but I am not much of a Excel user to know for sure?

Office365 Excel 64bit on Windows 10 machine.

I have tried;

-Disabling multi-threading

-Switched to manual calculation

-Error check formals.

-removed any images or extra data as far as I can tell.

-Modified # of calculation threads from 1-8 in Excel and same with # of processors via the taskbar.

-tried copying values only to another sheet, and still gives there error though there are formulas on the page. How that works I don't know?

-disable add-ins

Of course the person who created the file is no longer working at the company and so I wouldn't even know where to begin to rebuild it.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks

KQ

7 Replies
best response confirmed by keith90 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@keith90 

If to remove this formula

image.png

workbook is calculated.

Wow! Thanks that works. I guess there was a typo in the worksheet that I missed.

Thanks again for your help!

@keith90 , you are welcome.

Could be typo and/or you shifted from previous Excel on the one which supports dynamic arrays.

Hi Keith. Sorry. I have the same issue with my Excell workbook. But I am not sure how to POST my question to the Community., CAn you tell me how to POST a question/inquiry to the Community dash board pls. Thanks, Rohan.

@Rohan80 

To check what's wrong we need the file. Please remove sensitive information and attach it to your post

image.png

or share through OneDrive or like.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you for the msg.  But I cannot find any link to upload my questioned XL file in to the chat.  Can you advise how I can upload the XL file pls. 

I can see the screenshot kind of thing you have shown me in your reply. But in my chat page, I cannot see any link / button that would allow me to upload the XL file. PLs help.

Can I e mail to you.  Thanks. Rohan.

@Rohan80 

An error is due to formula in AF1

image.png

I comment it, file sent back with private message.

For the future, if option to attach the file is not available for you please share on OneDrive (or DropBox, etc.) and share the link, be sure access is granted.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by keith90 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@keith90 

If to remove this formula

image.png

workbook is calculated.

View solution in original post