Help deduct a certain amount on a specific date

Copper Contributor
Hey guys,

Im in a bit of a pickle! :pensive_face:

I hope Im not bothering you, if this turns out to be an ‘easy fix’.
But, I’ve been all over the web to find out how to make Excel deduct one value with another value on a specific day.

E.g: Every 1st D2-C2 and then show the remaining value in D2

I hope it makes sense, I’ll be more than happy to try and elaborate on it, if Im talking jibberish :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Best regards
7 Replies
Add or subtract dates in Excel
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/add-or-subtract-dates-in-excel-for-mac-0ed1b935-200e-4307...

Please have a look at this link, there you will find information about what you are looking for.
If this helps you, please mark it as correct answer so that others can get this info. If this answer does not solve your problem, please give us a short feedback.

best regards
Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Even easier Formula: = A1-2 A1 = date 2 = days I want to deduct It is the easiest and fastest solution. best regards Nikolino I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

I understood the task by another way. Today

In cell D2 we have value 1000

In cell C2 we have value 100

On the first of each month we deduct C2 from D2 and put value into D2. Thus

On 01 Aug in D2 shall be 900

On 01 Sep in D2 shall be 800

etc

That's VBA programming but I don't understand the reason, that could be done by formulas with another data structuring.

@Moinjers , there are a couple of interpretations of your question, so I'll add mine. I'm assuming you have a range of dates and want to subtract two values if it's the first of the month. Assuming that the dates are in column B:

=IF(DAY(B2)=1,D2-C2,"")

Perhaps a more detailed explanation of what you are looking for will help to provide a precise solution.

Hi,
In retrospect I understood it like this :)
This comes from writing quickly and thinking slowly or not reading until the end.
acquired speed :)
Fortunately, TheAntony gave a solution in this direction.

Nicolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Hey guys,

First Off, thank you so much for your speedy reply! It means the world.

Well, I’ve made a ‘list’ of our monthly debt playbacks. They’re are always deducted the First in Every month.

Then I’ve made a collum for the amount, that We have to pay each month e.g C1 And another that shows the remaining amount of the debt e.g D1 - Instead of manually doing the typing, it would be amazing, if They are deducted automatically Every First of the month.

But maybe i need to make another collum E1 for the remaining amount?

What are your thoughts?

@Moinjers 

That could be like this

image.png

Entre the formula into C5 and drag it down