Help connecting names to the corresponding code name

Copper Contributor

Hello all, 

I am having troubles with connecting First names to nicknames/code names in excel sheets. 

I have been tasked with creating an easy to read attendance tracking sheet. There are 4 teams that require participation tracking. Participants are each assigned a barcode with an ID card to check in. To check in, the barcode is scanned and a code name/data is added to a large master data excel sheet.

Each team has an individual sheet that tracks team participation. Players on teams have a code name or associating label. These code names are labeled with the TEAM and participant NUMBER (ex. SWIM5, TF12, etc.)

I am looking for a solution to connect the code name with the participant's First name. I have setup the sheet called "Swim" with fake names for example purposes. 

My ultimate goal is to view one individuals attendance without showing other participants. If Grace wanted to know how many days she attended in March, we would select "Grace" to find "SWIM2" data. PowerBi might need to be my next step, but please let me know if anyone has a solution! 

Thank you for your time and effort.

Find the document here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am4qCs1ai-TLoDhsHSdb2VXYwCQd?e=RsLCUC 

2 Replies
am looking for a solution to connect the code name with the participant's First name.

What do you mean connect?
Automate to replace code name with participant's First name in Scan Input sheet?

=vlookup(firstname,code=filling_guide!ContainerName)
?

Screenshot_2023-04-21-06-25-52-328_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-21-06-25-35-014_cn.uujian.browser.jpg

 Row A1 has 3 or 2 checked in ?

according to Scan input looks like 3?