SOLVED

Have tried multiple ways can't get Georgia counties to map in Georgia (USA).

Copper Contributor

Have tried multiple ways can't get Georgia counties to map in Georgia (USA).  At least finally got it to map in the United States and not all over the world!  When I look at the cards of the ones mapping elsewhere, they say the right location so really confused.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ShelliG_N (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ShelliG_N Foget about data typing as Geography. This mapping function is far from reliable and you need to play around a bit with columns headers, and names of the areas you want. 

Attached you'll find your own file a better map, though it might still not be 100% correct.

@Riny_van_Eekelen You were able to do that without the Geography data type - I didn't try that :)  Thank you for the fast response.  Still a few counties missing but I can play with it to get it to work for me.  Really appreciated!

@ShelliG_N I suspect that the missing counties are ones that also exist in other states, or even other places in the world. Perhaps not all, but as said, this tool is far from reliable and your "problem" is discussed pretty often in this forum and mostly encountered outside the US. It's all about testing your way around. Sometimes with geography data types but mostly not. Just changing the column header sometimes helps. Quite unpredictable. Good luck!

@Riny_van_Eekelen yes, the last three worked when I added: ", Georgia, United States" - strangely it broke everything when I added that to all the counties - but I got what I need now and really appreciate the help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ShelliG_N (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ShelliG_N Foget about data typing as Geography. This mapping function is far from reliable and you need to play around a bit with columns headers, and names of the areas you want. 

Attached you'll find your own file a better map, though it might still not be 100% correct.

View solution in original post