SOLVED

Gridlines in Excel Chart

Copper Contributor

How do I hide the grid lines in a excel chart.  I have created a scatter plot and now want to remove its grid lines.  I'm using Excel 2016 for Mac.

7 Replies
Hello,

1. Click on the plus icon located top right of the chart
2. Uncheck the Gridlines box

Alternatively, select the gridline in the plot area of that chart and hit delete on your keyboard

Thank you.  The second method worked.  I don't have a plus sign at the top right from the chart.  I clicked on the grid line and hit delete.

Now, how do I get the grid lines to show if I want to show them again?

1. In the Chart Design tab, click on Add Chart Elements
2. Select Gridlines and play around it to show gridlines!

Hope this helps

I'm using Excel 2016 for Mac.  I don't think your solution applies to this version of Excel.  I'm not finding Table Design.  And, the article you sent a link to does not pertain to Excel 2016 for Mac.

I'm needing to know how to hide and show gridlines in a chart in excel.

I'm using Excel 2016 for Mac

best response confirmed by Abiola1 (MVP)
Solution

@Joysome12 

I'm on a Mac, though using a more modern version of Excel. Unless I'm totally mistaken, I believe it's similar in the 2016 version. Perhaps the pictures below can lead you to the solution you seek.

Find the icon looking like this and press it.

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 18.04.47.png

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 17.56.19.png

Thank you very much everyone!  I'm now able to easily show and hide the grid lines in a chart in Excel.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Abiola1 (MVP)
Solution

@Joysome12 

I'm on a Mac, though using a more modern version of Excel. Unless I'm totally mistaken, I believe it's similar in the 2016 version. Perhaps the pictures below can lead you to the solution you seek.

Find the icon looking like this and press it.

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 18.04.47.png

Screenshot 2020-01-19 at 17.56.19.png

View solution in original post