freeze panes, freezes more than I select

Occasional Visitor

I'm trying to freeze the first two rows in a spreadsheet, however when I select them then click freeze panes it ends up freezing the first 10 rows not just the two I selected. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

6 Replies

@jhaynie You don't have to select rows. Just select the cell directly below and to the right of where you want to freeze the rows/columns. In your case, select C1 and then "Freeze panes".

Thanks! Not intuitive, but that did the trick!

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thank you. really simple solution for such an irritating problem. 

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thanks for that hint! I've struggled with this for years. Best hidden feature ever... 

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Thank you so much.  I never comment on here but I registered so that I could thank you for such an easy solution to such an annoying problem that I have struggled with and tolerated for years.  Once again I on a whim decided to ask Google World for an answer and there you were with an solution.

Curious, did you discover this one on your own?

@HDD-Portland_Realtor You're welcome. Glad I could help resolve a problem. Can't really remember when I "discovered this". I've been using Excel since it first came out. So, I guess it came "naturally". Never really thought about it, actually.