Formatting to thousands in a table

Copper Contributor

I have a table (not a pivot table) with large numbers in it e.g. 349652.59 which I have used formatting #,##0, to format to 350. However when I click in the cell the original number (349625.59) is visable.  I don't want that,  I just was to see the 350.  Is there a way to do this?

2 Replies

@Jennifer3737 

As far as I can see, you have a decimal point instead of a comma in the number, is this intentional (or is Excel set up that way for you) or is it by mistake and do you mean a comma instead of a decimal point?

Change the character used to separate thousands or decimals

Change the decimal point to a comma or vice versa

Here are some links with options

Round a number to the decimal places I want

If you don’t want unnecessary decimal places in cells because they cause ###### symbols to appear, or you don’t need accuracy down to the microscopic level, change the cell format to get the number of decimal places you want.

Round a number

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for the web Excel 2021 Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007.

Additional Info:

ROUND function

ROUNDUP function

ROUNDDOWN function

You could try converting the number to text and then showing the first 3 digits from the left.

Maybe someone has a more concrete idea :), but I hope that this information could also help you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Jennifer3737 

Nope, in cell edit mode (and in formula bar) you see "raw" value, or formula.