filter unique values

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am trying to filter unique values (class names) of a column so that I can create an import template into another app for this data. I want to copy it to another location but I don't understand what the "Criteria range" field is or what to put in the "Copy to" field. In "Copy to" I just put the name of the additional sheet I created. How do I do this right?

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.47.16 PM.pngClass NamesClass Names

Thank you, Barry

1 Reply

Hi Barry,

You have to start with the sheet in which you want to copy the filtered unique dates.

So, if the list is in sheet 1 and you want to copy the filtered data into sheet 2, so please select sheet 2 and start the Advanced Filter there.

If your goal is to extract the unique records only, then you have to leave the (Criteria Range) blank and to check the (Unique Records Only) checkbox because this is the Criteria.

With regards to (Copy to) field, in this field, you have to choose the first cell of the range to which you want to copy the unique records.

For example, If you want to copy the date into sheet 2, you may choose Sheet2!A1 as a starting cell.

To learn more about the Advanced Filter, I suggest watching these videos.

Regards,

Haytham