SOLVED

EXCEL WONT LET ME TYPE

Copper Contributor

WONT LET ME TYPE IN CELL, TRIED RESTARTING COMPUTER, BUT STILL WONTL ET ME EDIT ANYTHING! HELP!

8 Replies

Amanda, if you mean editing in the cell please check this setting

image.png

how do I get this screen? I cant use any functions on the tab bar

For Excel 2016 that is File->Options->Advanced. Approximately the same for other versions.

Please clarify, you can't edit within the cell or in formula bar?

image.png

I'm unable to click the option it's not highlighted kindly assist@Sergei Baklan 

@Chinecherem 

On which Excel version / platform you are ?

@Sergei Baklan 

I have same problem. I was using an add in to access Data. Now my excel is constantly not allowing me to do anything on it. I cannot move from one cell to another or typing anything.

And more, I am only able to do use a file if I starting excel on safe mode. 

It is becoming almost impossible to run my excel 365.

Thanks for helping

@Fernando_Assad 

If it works in safe mode and works without add-in, that means Excel is in conflict with such add-in. That's to disable it or check add-in settings if any. It looks like an issue is with add-in, not with Excel.

best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Amanda Voyles I know this is an old question but I had a similar problem (might be different for yourself) which took me longer than it should to realise but directly to the left of the formula/text box up top there is a tick and X button. Hit the X.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Amanda Voyles I know this is an old question but I had a similar problem (might be different for yourself) which took me longer than it should to realise but directly to the left of the formula/text box up top there is a tick and X button. Hit the X.

View solution in original post