Excel power query not showing get data from PDF

Copper Contributor
Hi all
I have an active MS OFFICE 365 personal subscription.

I wish to import PDF documents using power query, but i do not have the option when I activate the from file dropdown in get and transform.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and loaded the latest updates today (11 December 2020).
Any advice as to how i can overcome this problem.
10 Replies

@NinoN4516 

Perhaps you are on semi-annual channel, I'm not sure if this connector is already available on it. You may try to switch on another channel. Most probably for the Personal it could be done directly from File->Account.

I have an enterprise account and yet can't see this on get data tab

@ShailendraN 

It depends on which channel you are. There are 3 versions of semi-annual enterprise plus current; and monthly enterprise channels. Not sure that connector is available on semi-annual.

Hi Sergei, I am having the same problem being Get Data (Power Query) does not go on to File> PDF. I have Microsoft 365 Subscription. I have looked for File-> Account to see if I could change the channel and cannot find this path. I update regularly my Microsoft 365. Please help. I need this great function.

@MCD881000 

Are you on Windows or Mac ?

Wow, Sergei, thank you for the fast response.

Mac.

@MCD881000 Mac! That explains it. Power Query is NOT available on the Mac how you would want it to be. What you see under the Get Data (Power Query) button is a first step towards what some day might happen. On a Mac you can NOT create or edit existing queries like on a PC. Consider setting up a virtual PC with Excel for Windows on your Mac (via Bootcamp or Parallels). That's what I do. It opens up the full Excel spectrum to you.

Thank you @Riny_van_Eekelen. That was my fear. I use Parallels. That is what I will have to do.

@MCD881000 

Hey,

I am using windows and have the same issue not seeing the function get data from PDF in power query.

Any suggestion?

@Toony1060Did you find a solution? I also do not have the option to import "PDF" file as an option.