Excel Mobile view Dropdown list issue

Brass Contributor

Hello,

We have a Worksheet with Dropdown lists, while it looks perfect in Excel Desktop, when using on a tablet and choose the dropdown, the names in the list are truncated which makes it hard to pick a choice.

We need the Staff to see the full words.

See screenshot please.

Any ideas? 

5 Replies
Can you perhaps share a dumbed down version of the file and tell us on which type of device this behavior occurs and in what app (Excel app or Excel on-line in a browser, other)?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I am using latest version of Excel for Mobile, tested on both IOS and Android tablets. Opening the file using Excel APP.

Please see attached test spreadsheet, this shows the same behavior as our main spreadsheet. I have tried everything and cannot get it to show full text in dropdown.

Yes I see what you mean. Unfortunately I don't know a workaround either (and I'm not that familiar with Mobile Excel TBH). I'll send feedback to the MSFT team about this.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thank you for looking and sending your feedback to MSFT. It is a real issue as it makes the sheet un-usable. Do you think it is because it is the free version or just because it is Mobile?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I just spoke to Microsoft and it appears it is a bug. A very annoying bug to say the least. Works in Office Online, just not excel for mobile app. Most of our Staff use this spreadsheet offline so its hurting us.

Least I know now :)

Link to Bug:

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304936-excel-for-mobile-devices-tablets-phones-android/suggestion...