Excel macro not working module not found error

Copper Contributor

I have a excel macro sheet which works in one pc and doesn't work in another. It gives module not found error and doesn't list any macros.

Document contains 3 sheets( output,data,res).Macro calling sheet is the data sheet. But when I open the document - it says module not found. And after going in the sheet- I couldn't find the macros listed under macros tab in developer section. I have enabled macros from trust center settings.

Please help. Need it very urgently.

8 Replies
Are you by any chance opening this Excel file using a link? If so, first open Excel. Then click the link. Hope this helps.

No. I am downloading the excel file and double clicking.

Hello Jan,

update-

I get module not found when I open the document. And when I click ok on it, a pop up says - we found a problem in some content. Do you want us to recover as much as we can. When I click yes on this pop up - another pop up says - lost visual basic project. For info - This excel document was created in 97-2003 and I am opening it in Excel 2016.

Steps I took now-
1. Mailed the same file from the machine where it was working to my machine.
2. Downloaded and opened the file - now it says - VBA macros have are corrupted and have been deleted.Macro corruption mostly likely exists in the current file.
3. I clicked ok on it.
4. Closed the previous doc and opened it again - now the same module not found problem occurs .

So your file contains some content the Excel version you are using does not like.
Try saving the file from the PC where it works as an xlsm file and try that file on the other PC.
If that fails, open the file on the PC where it does work and then try using Code Cleaner (www.appspro.com) on it to fix its VBA project. Then save-as to xlsm format.

Hello Jan,

Sorry but these approaches didn't work.

Can you upload the original file somewhere (after removing sensitive content using the PC where the file does work)?

Hello Jan,

I can mail the file to you. Can I please have your email id?  Or please let me know where would you want the file?

Find my email address at the bottom of each page of my website https:/jkp-ads.com