SOLVED

Excel Filter Not Working after Certain Row

Copper Contributor

Help! I have been trying all the tips online that I've found and nothing seems to work.

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of data and I have my columns filtered. I am continuously adding data daily. However, when I try to filter it will only apply the filter up to a certain row. I have no blank rows or merged cells. I tried going to the "advanced" option for filter and putting the range up to a certain row but that didn't work. I have also tried to select the data to turn the filter off then on, but when I select the data is greys out the filter button where I cannot do that.

Any input and help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by jbabineaux92 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jbabineaux92  Is it possible the upper part is a defined table and the data below is not included in that table like this:

mtarler_0-1685545152470.png

You can check the Name Manager to see if a table is defined for that range.  If so when you click on any cell in that range you will get a "Table Design" menu item in the menu bar. And then on the left you can select "Resize Table" to include the additional data

mtarler_1-1685545274548.png

Oh wow!! This was not something I was aware of but it fixed my problem! Thank you so much!
Tables are VERY useful and I recommend you learn about. Especially good for table references. i.e. you can name the table like "Data" and then refer to a column of data like "Cost" using Data[Cost] which not only means something when you see it instead of Sheet3!$D:$D but also refers to ONLY the range of data in that table instead of the whole column. you can also link tables and other things too.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jbabineaux92 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jbabineaux92  Is it possible the upper part is a defined table and the data below is not included in that table like this:

mtarler_0-1685545152470.png

You can check the Name Manager to see if a table is defined for that range.  If so when you click on any cell in that range you will get a "Table Design" menu item in the menu bar. And then on the left you can select "Resize Table" to include the additional data

mtarler_1-1685545274548.png

View solution in original post