Excel Dynamic Plots

Copper Contributor

I have been through a lot of You Tube videos and done a lot of web search without success and would appreciate a bit of guidance from an expert.

I have created an Excel sheet (in Excel 4) many years ago, On this sheet I added a simple counter in VB and using this counter I calculate a change as the counter moves one increment, other cells calculate various formulae. As the change in formulae cells happened I plotted them and it became a simple animation of events. Since Excel 2016 I have not been able to do this and been trying various functions without success. Unfortunately Microsoft’s community library is so massive that my search has lasted 12 months so far without success!

In short: A series of cells that have a changing values (within 10 to 20 seconds maximum time ) which changes with the incremental counter to plot against each other (like a scatter plot with straight lines).

1 Reply

@PeaceWorrior 

I have had a similar problem I think.  I have created an XY scatter chart using data and a dynamic link.  If I overtype a number in the table then the chart updates.  Then I created a Macro to change individual cells in the data columns with a time delay but the chart no longer updates until all the changes are complete.  I empty all the cells used by the chart and then repopulate then one by one via the macro.  What I hoped to achieve was a chart that was animated.  As each data point is added the chart should change so a line progresses across the chart.  I have tried all sorts of ways of getting the values into the table.  I I go back to typing them in it works but with thousands of values it cannot be done.  I guess that the chart does not change whilst the Macro is running.  Any ideas would be welcome.