Excel doesn't allow to save file instead go for "Save As" after file repairing

Copper Contributor

Hello,

The moment i opened my excel file where usually i used to work, it suddenly came with pop up asking to allow recover data as much as it can if i trust the file. On pressing "Yes" it repairs the file and pop ups error log file as follows 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error156680_01.xml</logFileN... were detected in file 'C:\Shapoorji\Oracle Phase-02\Final bill\Final Bill-MM-01-Oracle Ph-02.xlsx'</summary><removedRecords><removedRecord>Removed Records: Cell information from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink3.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference)</removedRecord><removedRecord>Removed Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink3.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference)</removedRecord></removedRecords></recoveryLog>

After this, I could able to work in my file. But every time i try to save my file, it goes for "Save As" instead of normal save. 

Later, if i close the file and reopen the same, it again comes with a pop up "recover data as much as it can if i trust the file source"

Please help me out to make my life simple while working in this excel.

Regards,

Mulchandani

1 Reply
Try to SaveAs the file under a new name. If the file is saved to OneDrive it will not have the Save button, so long as AutoSave is turned on. From your images it appears this setting is turned off, so I'd try saving a new copy and seeing what it does then.