Excel Dashboard

Copper Contributor

I am creating a company dashboard with the import data being filtered for only the current year all past data isn't needed. How do I correctly count the number of non-conformances and put in cell on dashboard. The data starts on row 2 and continuously will get added to. Want my number to keep getting updated as new entries are added.

3 Replies

@Crobinson13 

How do I correctly count the number of non-conformances and put in cell on dashboard. The data starts on row 2 and continuously will get added to. Want my number to keep getting updated as new entries are added.

Your verbal description alone leaves too many questions unanswered about how your data are organized. Could you post a copy of your workbook (or a mockup of it) on OneDrive or GoogleDrive, pasting a link here that grants access to it. 

Crobinson13_0-1692811402013.png

This isn't all whole page of data, but this data is getting pulled from a SQL server. This worksheet is filtered for just 2023 since we are starting fresh but with the inability change the SQL server settings. I want to be able to count the filtered data and put count on my dashboard. The source data is constantly getting rows added to it. Hopefully this helps and thanks for your assistance.

@mathetes 

@Crobinson13 

A) that's an image, rather than a copy of the workbook, but it's something we can work with to a limited extent. In general though, when you post questions here, the actual workbook, or a mockup of it, is far better than an image.

B) unless I'm mistaken, those are real names of real people. Such data should be avoided--can you change it for posting, or blank those out.

C) to answer your question, we'd need to know how to recognize "non-conformances" since that's what you want counted. What in the data presented constitutes "non-conformance"?