SOLVED

Excel Add-in Advanced Formula Environment: not available in my computer

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know about why Excel Add-in "Advanced Formula Environment" is not available? I realized it was disappeared in my computer last night. I have tried to re-add the add-in but can't find this add-in in the search.

Thanks,

Just a quick update, I was able to go thru "Excel Labs" to have "Advanced Formula Environment" open after long search in internet. The icon of "Advanced Formula Environment" is definitely gone under Formula tab. The "Excel Labs" icon is under Home tab. If possible, I would prefer to have "Advanced Formula Environment" icon back.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by tanacal (Brass Contributor)
Solution
It's been re-named and is part of an add-in called "Excel Labs".
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/profiles/excel-labs/
Thanks, Patrick. Appreciated!
You're welcome! I noticed the change when I clicked the button, it vanished, and I had to load the new add-in.

@tanacal 

@tanacal wrote:

Just a quick update, I was able to go thru "Excel Labs" to have "Advanced Formula Environment" open after long search in internet. The icon of "Advanced Formula Environment" is definitely gone under Formula tab. The "Excel Labs" icon is under Home tab. If possible, I would prefer to have "Advanced Formula Environment" icon back.

I prefer the AFE button, too. The workaround I'm currently using is I've added 'Excel Labs' to the Quick Access Toolbar.  Next, I checked 'remember this choice' from this menu then opened AFE:

Patrick2788_0-1681499082906.png

The result is AFE will open when I click 'Excel Labs' from the quick access toolbar.  It seems to only go back to the features gallery menu above if I select 'features gallery' from this menu:

Patrick2788_1-1681499182209.png

So far, so good. Though I still prefer the old button.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tanacal (Brass Contributor)