Excel 2021. Double sided printing throws left and right margins off. No gutter setting.

Copper Contributor

Hello, I upgraded to Office 2021 Plus a few months ago from Office 2019. Ever since, when printing double sided documents, the front page is moved to the left with very little margin on the left and too much on the right. The flip side is exactly opposite with very little margin on the right and too much on the left. These pages are printed in landscape and flipped on long edges. Now they were set up and printed perfect in Office 2019, and only shifted when trying to print them through Office 2021 Plus.

I have searched the internet and have found many solutions to others having this issue by adjusting the "gutter" which as far as I can tell is supposed to be under the Page Setup/Margins tab. Unfortunately, my margins tab is not showing a gutter setting, nor is any tab under page setup. If there is someone that can help me with this issue, I would be very grateful.

1 Reply

@DaedalusWren 

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with double-sided printing margins in Excel 2021. While the lack of a specific "gutter" setting can make it more challenging to adjust margins for double-sided printing, there are still some steps you can take to address the issue:

1. Check Printer Settings: Sometimes, the problem may lie in the printer settings rather than Excel itself. Ensure that your printer settings are configured correctly for double-sided (duplex) printing. Look for options related to duplex printing, paper size, and orientation.
  2. Adjust Margins Manually:
    • Go to the "Page Layout" tab in Excel.
    • Click on the "Margins" dropdown menu and select "Custom Margins..."
    • In the Page Setup dialog box, go to the Margins tab.
    • Adjust the left and right margins manually to compensate for the shifting issue. You may need to experiment with different margin settings to achieve the desired result.
  3. Use Print Preview:
    • Before printing, use the Print Preview feature to see how the document will look when printed double-sided.
    • In the Print Preview window, you may have the option to adjust margins or scaling to correct any alignment issues.
  4. Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can sometimes cause printing issues.
  5. Try a Different Printer: If possible, try printing the document on a different printer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your printer or Excel settings.
  6. Consider Alternative Printing Methods: If adjusting margins in Excel doesn't solve the issue, you may need to consider alternative methods for printing your document, such as exporting to PDF and printing from a PDF viewer with more advanced printing options.

Since no one has answered it for at least one day or more, I entered your question in various AI. The text and steps was edit with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.