Excel 2019 one-time purchase license

Copper Contributor

I recently upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2019, due to the fact my old laptop died and Excel 2003 was not compatible with the Windows 10, which was installed on the new laptop. The one-time off-the-shelf license card, permitted installation on one device.

I installed Excel 2019 on the new laptop a few weeks ago, but since then, I had to replace the new laptop with another, as there were screen issues on the laptop,

I have not yet received the new unit, but when I do, could anyone tell me if its just a simple installation of Excel 2019 again, or will this one-device license not allow me to install it on the new unit.

3 Replies

Hi @AndyVisserSr 

Once you purchased Office 2019, it is yours and you can transfer that licence any time you need. 

All you have to do is sign-out (deactivate) your previous Installation and then re-install Office 2019.
With your New Laptop, go to https://office.com/myaccount and sign in using your Microsoft account.

1. Select Installs.
2. Locate the old Laptop which Office 2019 was installed.
3. Select sign out.

4. Then, click Install to Install Office

Snag_4c51053b.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it more.

Wow, thank you for the quick reply Mr. Shaikh. That sounds easy enough.
There may be an issue with that...I handed my bad laptop over at the store and they have it. So I won't be able to sign out on that laptop. I removed all my documents before hand. I can try and contact the store to see if they can let me sign out. Do you know if there is an alternative way, with out going into the bad laptop?
Andy
Most likely, the laptop you handed over at the store will be formatted and the installed office will be out. There is not alternative way to sign out without doing so on the laptop.

You can still sign in with your Office version 2019 credentials on your new laptop and transfers your documents there for continued use.

Cheers