SOLVED

Deleting Blank Pages

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm desperately trying to delete these unwanted blank pages on my excel worksheet.  I don't follow the instructions given.  I don't think they pertain to my needs.  Does anyone know a more user friendly way?  Please help.  Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by nmccray (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nmccray 

First step:

mark the first free column to the right of the area you actually use.

Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow key.

So it is from this column to the end of the sheet, everything is marked.

Go to Menu -> Edit -> Delete Cells.

Second step:

mark the first blank line under the area you actually use.

Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow key.

Now everything is marked from this line to the end line.

Insert or delete rows and columns

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Thank you so very much! After repeating the steps to your instructions a few times, my issue is officially resolved! :)
I was pleased that my approach to the solution helped you.
At your service.
This worked for my obnoxious extra pages. Thank you
I understand your frustration, and I'm here to help https://techzone-agency.com/ with a more user-friendly way to delete unwanted blank pages in Excel. To clarify, when you mention "blank pages," are you referring to blank rows, columns, or sheets in your Excel worksheet? I'll provide instructions for each scenario:

Deleting Blank Rows and Columns:

To delete blank rows: Select the rows you want to check for blanks, go to the "Home" tab, click on "Find & Select" in the "Editing" group, and choose "Go To Special." In the "Go To Special" dialog box, select "Blanks" and click "OK." This will select all blank cells in the selected rows. Right-click on any of the selected rows, choose "Delete," and then select "Entire Row."
To delete blank columns: Follow similar steps as for deleting rows, but select the columns you want to check for blanks instead.
Deleting Blank Sheets:

If you have blank sheets that you want to delete, right-click on the sheet's tab at the bottom, select "Delete," and confirm the deletion in the pop-up window. Be cautious, as this action cannot be undone.
Additional Tips:

To check if there are any hidden rows, columns, or sheets in your Excel file, you can use the "Find & Select" option and look for hidden cells or sheets.
Make sure to save a backup of your Excel file before performing any deletions, especially if you are unsure about the changes.
If you encounter any specific challenges or have different requirements, please provide more details, and I'll be happy to assist you further.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nmccray (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nmccray 

First step:

mark the first free column to the right of the area you actually use.

Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow key.

So it is from this column to the end of the sheet, everything is marked.

Second step:

mark the first blank line under the area you actually use.

Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow key.

Now everything is marked from this line to the end line.

Insert or delete rows and columns

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

View solution in original post