Date system 1904

Copper Contributor

Hi

With excel 365 dates are automatically set in system 1900 for all new worksheets

How to have system 1904 automatically for all new worksheets ?

Thanks

Chrigu

2 Replies

@Chrigu_1261 

Differences between the 1900 and the 1904 date system in Excel

(click on header for more infos)

Setting the Date System for a Workbook

In Excel, each workbook can have its own date system setting, even if multiple workbooks are open.

To set the date system for a workbook in Microsoft Office Excel 2003 and in earlier versions of Excel, follow these steps:

1. Open or switch to the workbook.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Options. In Excel X and later versions for Macintosh, click Preferences on the Excel menu.
  3. Click the Calculation tab.
  4. To use the 1900 date system in the workbook, click to clear the 1904 date system check box. To use the 1904 date system in the workbook, click to select the 1904 date system check box.
  5. Click OK.

To set the date system for a workbook in Microsoft Office Excel 2007, follow these steps:

1. Open or switch to the workbook.
  2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
  3. Click Advanced.
  4. Click to select the Use 1904 data system check box under the When calculating this workbook, and then click OK.

Notice that if you change the date system for a workbook that already contains dates, the dates shift by four years and one day. For information about how to correct shifted dates, see the "Correcting Shifted Dates" section.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here

@Chrigu_1261 

To set the 1904 date system for new workbooks:

• Create a new workbook.
  • Set it to use the 1904 date system.
  • If you wish, set other preferences, such as the Normal style.
  • Select File > Save As.
  • Select Excel template (*.xltx) from the Save as type dropdown.
  • Enter %appdata%\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\Book.xltx in the File name box.
  • Click Save.

From now on, when you press Ctrl+N or click New on the Quick Access Toolbar, Excel will use this template.